THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!
Please be careful!!! Look what can happen!!!!
Some things to remember about deer:
- Don't swerve to avoid the animal. If you try to avoid the animal you can lose control of your Vehicle.
- Deer frequently travel in groups and many times single file.
- Most deer accidents occur during the fall, between
5PM – midnight and in the early morning hours, but can happen anytime of the year and anytime of the day or night.
- If you see deer slow down and blow your horn to alert the deer.
- If you do hit a deer, call the police. They will make sure the deer is off of the highway and fill out an accident report for your insurance. They do not charge for this service.
Deer cause over 200 deaths each year and over $1 billion in property damages. It has been reported that there are approximately 1.5 million deer hit by vehicles a year.
First Tribune Insurance Agency